General Resources for Senior Students
- Use the Information Skills Process (ISP) on the Research page to guide you.
- Browse the non-fiction shelves at 330s and 650s.
- Search DVC for audio-visual material. Please note you will only be able to view items rated G and PG and only while you are at school.
- The State Library of NSW has an HSC Business Studies guide.
- Search the CTHS Library Oliver catalogue using subject terms e.g. human resources, marketing, business.
- Expand your search to Hornsby Library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Hornsby Shire Library. If you are a member of Hornsby Library you can borrow their items.
- Expand your search to Macquarie University library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Macquarie University Library. You can access their hard copy resources onsite but will be unable to borrow.
- Search the Australian Financial Review or the Sydney Morning Herald by clicking on the link on the left of the page. These can only be accessed on school grounds.
- AFRbiz – Australian Financial Review case studies and business news. See library staff for login details.
- State Library of NSW databases require you to sign up for free membership. Choose a database by name. General databases with which to start your research are:
- Informit Business Collection – Covers a full range of contemporary business issues.
- ISBISWorld – Industry and company research reports.
- ABI/Inform (Proquest) – Indexes international business and management journals.
- Economics Intelligence Unit (EIU) reports and publications – Country, market and regional business reports.
- Hornsby Library databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- A number of relevant websites are listed on the CTHS Library Oliver catalogue.
- The Conversation – independent source of news and views, sourced from the academic and research community and delivered direct to the public.
- Scootle – a national repository that provides Australian schools with digital resources aligned to the Australian Curriculum. Refine your search by year level, resource type and topic. Login via the NSW Education button.
- Austrade – Australian Trade and Investment Commission
- Business.gov.au – Provides essential information on planning, starting and growing a business.