General Resources for Senior Students
- Use the Information Skills Process (ISP) on the Research page to guide you.
- Browse the non-fiction shelves: water resources 333.91 & water 553.7; biology 570s; plants 580s & agriculture 630s; chemistry 540s, 660s & 641.3; human body 612s; disasters 904s.
- Search DVC for audio-visual material. Please note you will only be able to view items rated G and PG and only while you are at school.
- Search the CTHS Library Oliver catalogue using subject terms: water, water resources, human body, botany, plants, chemistry, space, disasters; see also specific topics – additives, chemicals, etc.
- Expand your search to Hornsby Library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Hornsby Shire Library. If you are a member of Hornsby Library you can borrow their items.
- Expand your search to Macquarie University library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Macquarie University Library. You can access their hard copy resources onsite but will be unable to borrow.
- The Sydney Morning Herald – digital edition accessible while at school.
- Current Social issues – search Oliver.
- Issues in Society – search by series in Oliver for relevant titles.
- Australian Science – the contents pages are searchable using Oliver.
- ChemMatters – the contents pages are searchable using Oliver.
- Cosmos – the contents pages are searchable using Oliver.
- Search World Book Online Advanced. This is a reliable starting point for research if you don’t know much about the topic
- State Library of NSW databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- Hornsby Library databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- Australia – Department of the Environment and Energy
- ABC Science – explore by topic.
Bibliographies and Citations
- Ask your teacher for requirements; keep records up to date – retrospectively is difficult.
- Bibliography Generator – choose the style you need.