General Resources for Senior Students
- Use the Information Skills Process (ISP) on the Research page to guide you.
- Browse the non-fiction shelves: 994s – Australian history, 305.8s – groups, 290s – mythology, 759.994s -art, A820s – authors, 340s – law.
- For audio visual resources, search ClickView by subject heading or title. Restrictions apply based on age/rating.
- Search the CTHS Library Oliver catalogue using subject terms: Aboriginal peoples, Aboriginal peoples with sub-headings – art, fiction, history, social conditions, etc.
- Expand your search to Hornsby Library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Hornsby Shire Library. If you are a member of Hornsby Library you can borrow their items.
- Expand your search to Macquarie University library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Macquarie University Library. You can access their hard copy resources onsite but will be unable to borrow.
- The Sydney Morning Herald – digital edition accessible while at school.
- Current Social issues – see Oliver.
- National Indigenous Times
- Koori Mail
- State Library of NSW databases require you to sign up for free membership. Browse or choose a database by subject: e.g. Aboriginal Australia.
- Hornsby Library databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- The Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS) – research, collections and publications.
- National Gallery of Australia: Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander art
- Support Material for Aboriginal Studies Stage 6 Syllabus 2011
- The Conversation – a collaboration between editors and academics to provide informed news analysis and commentary that’s free to read and republish.
Bibliographies and Citations
- Ask your teacher for requirements; keep records up to date – retrospectively is difficult.
- Bibliography Generator – choose the style you need.