General Resources for Senior Students
- Use the Information Skills Process (ISP) on the Research page to guide you.
- Browse the non-fiction shelves: 340s – the law, 320s – politics/government, 360s – social problems.
- For audio visual resources, search ClickView by subject heading or title. ClickView can be accessed when you are at home. Restrictions apply based on age/rating.
- Search the CTHS Library Oliver catalogue using subject terms: Law, Law – History, Law – Australia, Law – NSW, etc.
- Search Series: Issues in Society, Current social issues (some searchable contents pages).
- Expand your search to Hornsby Library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Hornsby Shire Library. If you are a member of Hornsby Library you can borrow their items.
- Expand your search to Macquarie University library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Macquarie University Library. You can access their hard copy resources onsite but will be unable to borrow.
- Search World Book Online Advanced or Timelines. This is a reliable starting point for research if you don’t know much about the topic.
- State Library of NSW databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- Hornsby Library databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- A number of relevant websites are listed on the CTHS Library Oliver catalogue.
- The Law Handbook: Your practical guide to the law in NSW
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- State Library Study Guides
- ABC: Law Report
- Australian Law Reform Commission: The Definition of Aboriginal Customary Laws
- Australian Law Reform Commission: Aboriginal Customary Laws and the Notion of ‘Punishment’
- Australian Human Rights Commission: The Integration of Customary Law into the Australian Legal System
- The Conversation: Why Australia won’t recognise Indigenous customary law
- The Conversation: The role of the Aboriginal customary law report in Mabo
- Hot Topics
Bibliographies and Citations
- Ask your teacher for requirements; keep records up to date – retrospectively is difficult.
- Bibliography Generator – choose the style you need.