Studies of Religion
General Resources for Senior Students
- Use the Information Skills Process (ISP) on the Research page to guide you.
- Browse the non-fiction shelves: 200s – religion, 290s – comparative religions, 390s – customs, 170s – ethics, 190s – philosophy; specific countries.
- Search the National Geographic Archive using login details which are available from library staff. Search all issues of National Geographic or browse subject based collections.
- For audio visual resources, search ClickView by subject heading or title. ClickView can be accessed when you are at home. Restrictions apply based on age/rating.
- Search the CTHS Library Oliver catalogue using subject terms: Religion(s), Religion – in art, Religion – history; see also specific religions: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism; see also specific countries; ethics, peace, morality.
- Expand your search to Hornsby Library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Hornsby Shire Library. If you are a member of Hornsby Library you can borrow their items.
- Expand your search to Macquarie University library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Macquarie University Library. You can access their hard copy resources onsite but will be unable to borrow.
- Search World Book Online Advanced or Timelines. This is a reliable starting point for research if you don’t know much about the topic.
- State Library of NSW databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- Virtual Religion Index
- Hornsby Library databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- ABC: Religion and Ethics
- BBC: Religion and Ethics is no longer updated but has good information.
- BBC: Religions is no longer updated but has good information.
- ABC: Compass
- ABC: Compass Resources has good links to churches and organisations, etc.
- The History of the Aboriginal People
- Indigenous Traditional Religions
- Religion in the Ancient World
- The Encyclopedia of Religion and Nature – The following 12 links are from this encyclopedia:
Bibliographies and Citations
- Ask your teacher for requirements; keep records up to date – retrospectively is difficult.
- Bibliography Generator – choose the style you need.