Studies of Religion
General Resources for Senior Students
- Use the Information Skills Process (ISP) on the Research page to guide you.
- Browse the non-fiction shelves: 200s – religion, 290s – comparative religions, 390s – customs, 170s – ethics, 190s – philosophy; specific countries.
- Search the National Geographic Archive using login details which are available from library staff. Search all issues of National Geographic or browse subject based collections.
- For audio visual resources, search DVC and ClickView by subject heading or title. DVC can only be viewed at school. ClickView can be accessed when you are at home. Restrictions apply based on age/rating.
- Search the CTHS Library Oliver catalogue using subject terms: Religion(s), Religion – in art, Religion – history; see also specific religions: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism; see also specific countries; ethics, peace, morality.
- Expand your search to Hornsby Library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Hornsby Shire Library. If you are a member of Hornsby Library you can borrow their items.
- Expand your search to Macquarie University library resources by running a search in Oliver, click other providers and select Macquarie University Library. You can access their hard copy resources onsite but will be unable to borrow.
- Search World Book Online Advanced or Timelines. This is a reliable starting point for research if you don’t know much about the topic.
- State Library of NSW databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- Virtual Religion Index
- Hornsby Library databases require you to sign up for free membership.
- ABC: Religion and Ethics
- BBC: Religion and Ethics is no longer updated but has good information.
- BBC: Religions is no longer updated but has good information.
- ABC: Compass
- ABC: Compass Resources has good links to churches and organisations, etc.
- The History of the Aboriginal People
- Indigenous Traditional Religions
Bibliographies and Citations
- Ask your teacher for requirements; keep records up to date – retrospectively is difficult.
- Bibliography Generator – choose the style you need.